Charlotte Burn Injury Attorney
Aggressively Representing Burn Injury Lawsuits Since 2004
Severe burns are not only extremely painful; they are also incredibly costly to treat and leave lasting physical and emotional scars. If you suffered serious burn injuries as a result of another person or party’s negligent actions or omissions, you deserve justice. Payne Law Firm can help.
Since 2004, we have provided serious representation to victims of serious injuries. Led by Attorney Jason E. Payne, our team is committed to securing maximum compensation for our clients. We have earned a reputation for aggressive client advocacy and for not backing down, even in the face of tough legal challenges.
Have you suffered severe burn injuries? Was someone else at fault? Contact Payne Law Firm at 704-461-0053 to learn how our burn injury lawyer in Charlotte can help during a free and confidential consultation.
Burn Injury Types & Degrees
Burn injuries are categorized according to both type and degree.
Types of burn injuries include:
- Thermal Burns: Caused by contact with heat, including hot liquids, steam, flames, and other hot surfaces
- Electrical Burns: Caused by contact with live electricity, including electrical wires, outlets, and other electricity sources
- Chemical Burns: Caused by contact with abrasive and/or caustic chemicals and other dangerous and harmful substances
- Radiation Burns: Caused by radiation from various sources, including the sun (sunburns), some forms of cancer treatment, etc.
Additionally, individuals can sustain friction burns (“road rash”) and cold burns (“frostbite”), which can be serious injuries but are not technically burns. However, they are often treated as such due to their severe and potentially scarring nature.
Burns are also classified by degree. These include:
- First-Degree Burns: The least serious type of burn injury, first-degree burns usually heal on their own. They may require at-home treatment, including over-the-counter pain medication and topical ointments. Generally, first-degree burns affect the top layer of skin (epidermis) only and may result in redness, localized pain, slight blistering, and scarring.
- Second-Degree Burns: Considered moderate to severe, second-degree burns affect both the upper and lower layers of skin (epidermis and dermis, respectively). Victims typically need professional medical treatment and can experience a range of symptoms, from severe pain to numbness to redness, swelling, blistering, and permanent scarring.
- Third-Degree Burns: Categorized as the most severe type of burn injury, third-degree burns require immediate medical attention. They can cause damage to both the epidermis and the dermis, as well as the surrounding bones and tissues. Victims may experience charring of the skin, whitened or blackened skin, numbness, and other serious complications.
Liability in Burn Injury Cases
As in other types of personal injury claims, burn injury cases are dependent on the issue of liability. In order to recover compensation for your damages, you must prove that another person or party was at fault and, therefore, liable for your injuries.
In most cases, the cause of the injury will point to who is liable. For example, if you were severely burned in an apartment fire that occurred as a result of poor property maintenance, your landlord (the property owner) could be liable. If you suffered serious burn injuries after using a defective product, the manufacturer or distributor of the product could be liable.
At Payne Law Firm, we know how to investigate accident claims in order to uncover what happened and, importantly, who is liable. As your dedicated Charlotte burn injury lawyers, our team is ready to build a comprehensive case that outlines the full extent of your damages and seeks to hold the responsible party accountable.
Contact us today at 704-461-0053 to learn more during a free, confidential consultation with our burn injury attorney in Charlotte, NC.
“Payne Law Firm was invaluable in helping my family navigate the most difficult situation we had ever experienced. Mr. Payne and his entire staff were professional, responsive, and empathetic throughout the entire process.” - Fatimar J.
“My experience with "Payne Law Firm" was extraordinary! They were efficient, professional, and persistent. I have and will continue to recommend “Payne Law Firm” because you are treated like family!” - Sheori S.
“My experience at Payne Law Firm was very pleasant. I had no worries at all. He was there for everything I needed help with.” - Gloria J.
“I have used Payne Law Firm services on several different occasions and have always been pleased with the outcomes.” - Leonard J.
“Payne Law Firm calmed my fears and assisted with easing my pain, by always being available to answer my questions, calming my fears, explaining the law to me in layman’s terms, while offering comfort and support.” - Joyre T.
If We Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay
Dealing with the financial aftermath of a serious burn injury is stressful enough. You should not have to worry about how you will be able to afford legal representation when you are already facing mounting medical bills and lost wages from time taken off work to heal.
At Payne Law Firm, we provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not owe any upfront or out-of-pocket attorney’s fees when you hire our firm. Instead, we only collect fees if we are successful in securing a settlement or verdict on your behalf. There is absolutely no risk involved in speaking to a member of our team about your legal rights and options.
What Sets Us Apart
Serious Lawyers for Serious Accidents
Client-FocusedWe will help you every step of the way, providing answers to your questions and continuing to update you on the status of your case.
A History of SuccessWe have helped over a thousand injured individuals and families get the compensation they deserved.
Battle-TestedWe not only understand the complexities of insurance companies but know how to fight them.
Full TransparencyOur team knows the importance of your case and is committed to doing what is best for you.
Get Serious Today
When you have been injured, you need a serious lawyer. Contact us today.
*Filling out this form does not constitute an attorney-client relationship